There was a time when I was a single girl that I didn’t know how to cook – my mom called me the Lean Cuisine Queen! I received a couple of cookbooks from my aunt for Christmas over the years. She wrote in the front cover “Dear Lori…you never know!!” Well many years and a family later, I can cook thanks to these two cookbooks – The Girl Can’t Cook by Cinda Chavich, and for the holidays, Company’s Coming for Christmas by Jean Pare. My list for today contains my top 10 holiday recipes, most of which are from those two books!
Where I could find a recipe online, I linked to it and I snuck in a couple of short ones too. Enjoy!
1. The Big Bird (how to make the perfect turkey), from The Girl Can’t Cook by Cinda Chavich
2. Baked Ham, from The Girl Can’t Cook by Cinda Chavich
3. Sweet Potato Bake, Company’s Coming for Christmas by Jean Pare
4. Five cup salad (Mix 1 c sour cream, 1 c coconut, 1 can mandarin oranges, 1 can crushed pineapple, 2 c mini marshmallows. Refrigerate. Enjoy!)
5. Homemade cranberries (Boil 1 c orange juice and 1/2 c sugar. Add 12 oz bag fresh cranberries. Boil gently 10 minutes. Refrigerate and serve).
6. Celery and Sage Stuffing by Cinda Chavich
7. Cranberry Ring by Jean Pare, Company’s Coming for Christmas
8. Turkey Pot Pie, The Girl Can’t Cook by Cinda Chavich
9. Whipped Shortbread, Company’s Coming for Christmas by Jean Pare
10. Crinkle cookies, recipe by Betty Crocker
If you like this list, you will love Monday Listicles! This week’s challenge is 10 Things Food, suggested by Bridget; that’s the inspiration for my list!!