I had a ton of turkey dinner leftovers this year and went searching for inspiration on Pinterest on what to do with it all. I looked at a few different recipes and ending up making this quick turkey and cranberry casserole which tasted delicious and couldn’t be easier.
1.5 c sliced turkey
1.5 c mashed potatoes
1 c cooked peas (or your veg of choice)
1/4 c cream cheese
1.5 c Stuffing
1 c homemade cranberry sauce (or use a 14 oz can if you ran out)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Use your leftover cranberry sauce and spread in the bottom of the pan to create a base.
3. Put a layer of turkey slices on top of the cranberry sauce.
4. Next add a layer of stuffing on top of the turkey.
5. Then a layer of peas.
6. Add one more layer of turkey.
7. Mix your potatoes with the cream cheese and chives. I added a bit of garlic in mine too but that would be optional. Spread your layer of mashed potatoes on top. I sprinkled a bit of grated cheese on top for fun.
8. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
Tip 1: The amounts for the ingredients are approximate to give you a guide. I just used what I had and what looked right to make each layer so don’t sweat it if you don’t have exactly 1.5 cups of something.
Tip 2: I still have turkey left and this morning I am going to chop it up, separate it into freezer bags and freeze them so I can use it to make pot pies or other recipes over the next couple of months.
Thank you to Nicky at the Pink Recipe Box for the inspiration as I adapted her Turkey & Cranberry Casserole recipe from Pinterest.<