Kindergarten starts tomorrow and I have been in a whirlwind of activity for the past week or two to get my family and house organized for back to school.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- First, I finally unpacked our suitcases and put away random remnants from two summer trips out of town and one camping trip
- I washed an unbelievable amount of laundry, like 20 loads
- I re-organized closets and dressers. It’s amazing what you can find at the bottom of a closet including one large hairy black house spider (gah!)
- I cleaned up the usual clutter so the housekeeper could come and clean the house. The truth is, I am no domestic diva and have simply surrendered to the fact that I need help to prevent myself from being buried alive by dust bunnies.
- I tried to re-organize my son’s room (dear God) so the housekeeper could get in there to clean. If anybody has a good storage system for a mountain of Lego, please let me know ASAP.
- I made my first run to the thrift store with a box of donations and started a box of toys and clothes that we’ll eventually put in a swap meet
- Thought about my blog from time to time and just had to let it go…
- Removed everything, I mean every last thing out of my gawd awful crowded pantry cupboards (I have two), checked dates on cans, took out the stuff we will never use, reorganized the pantry and made a run to the food bank
- Scanned grocery store flyers for deals and went through my stash of coupons. Wondered when the last time I went grocery shopping was. We made three grocery shopping trips and a Costco run to restock the pantry.
- Reorganized the fridge. Had to fit the new food in somehow!
- Shopped for school supplies
- Organized my scrapbooking nook and spare room. Got inspired and finished scrapbooking all 2011 pictures. Yay!
- Made my second trip to the thrift store with donations
- Ordered pictures to be printed from 2012 for next phase of my mad scrapbooking binge. Picked up and sorted pictures.
- Looked at my computer, feeling very guilty. Realized blogging does not result in an organized house. Looked away.
- Baked and froze cookies for fall snacks
- Set up a last minute date with husband last night as kindergarten boy going bananas.
- Today, took every last thing out of my gawd awful fridge freezers (I have two that were stuffed full) and organized everything while hubby and son painted the porch and stairs.
- Made my son’s Kindergarten collage assigned at Welcome to Kindergarten back in May.
- Made a new to do list for the week
- Looked at blog. Missed it. Looked at house. Looks pretty good. The unorganized chaos has subsided. Sat down to write this post with a clear conscience.
- Kindergarten starts tomorrow. I can’t believe it. We are ready.
- Pressed publish. It feels good to be back. Thanks for understanding!
What have you been doing to get ready for back to school?<