The Enchant Christmas Maze is a fun, new holiday event in Vancouver for 2016. Our Christmas loving family was invited to attend the media preview on November 24 and headed into Vancouver on a dark, rainy night with excitement in our hearts. We parked in the lot beside the event and almost fell into the most enormous mud puddle on our way to the front of the lineup as bloggers and media converged early outside the venue.
When the gates finally opened, we made a beeline for the maze and we were thrilled to be the very FIRST to go in. Despite the fact that the maze was slightly unfinished due to weather issues, it was beautiful and we had a great time:
The Write Mama has some practical recommendations to help you make the most of your experience at the Enchant Christmas Maze:
- Book your tickets a couple of weeks in advance to give the organizers time to resolve some of the new event issues.
- The maze was our favourite part of the Enchant event. While the market is covered and we spent a bit of time there, it wasn’t anything special per se and I wouldn’t recommend making the trip just for that. In fact, the strong smell of brewing alcohol in the market (as the hot drinks are also served in there) left my 8 year old feeling a bit sick and we had to make a quick exit.
- Visit Enchant Christmas on a day that isn’t rainy and wear boots as the ground cover is very wet. There is not a lot of covered seating so be prepared for that on a rainy day and bring your umbrella!
- The grounds were not very stroller friendly when we were there due to the crushed gravel and wet bark mulch ground covering. Note: The event website now says there is a new path for strollers and wheelchairs in the maze as of today.
- If your family is budget conscious, the many food truck offerings and holiday themed drinks are good but pricey. Eat before you go if that is a concern for your family. You can always splurge on some kettle corn, mini donuts or cotton candy for a treat.
- At $19.95 per adult ticket and $14.95 for children age 6 – 15 (or $59.95 for a family pass) prices are expensive for the budget conscious family. Children under 6 are free.
Have fun and enjoy the magical maze! It is really beautiful!
Dates: Nov 25 – December 31, 2016
Time: 4 pm – 10 pm
Location: Enchant Christmas Maze & Market is located at 1st and Crowe Street between the Cambie Street Bridge and Olympic Village in Vancouver.
More info available at www.EnchantChristmas.com
Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets for the Enchant Christmas Maze in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.<